- Member Mask Policy – Due to Milwaukee’s mask mandate, as well as Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Milwaukee’s commitment to the health and safety of our Club members and staff, masks are now required inside all Clubs. This applies to all children aged 3 and up, and adults. Children should arrive at Club with a mask. If your child does not have a mask, BGCGM staff will be happy to provide one. Additionally, we ask that all parents and guardians wear a mask during drop-off and pick-up, even while outside the Club. Together we can slow the spread of COVID-19. If you have any questions, please contact your Club manager.
- COVID-19 Information & Best Practices – Our staff has curated information to help you navigate day-to-day life during COVID-19.
- COVID-19 Health & Safety Protocols document – We invite you to view our COVID-19 Health & Safety Protocols document to see how we’re maintaining safe practices as we welcome our members back to our Clubs.
- Talking to youth about Coronavirus | Hablarle a sus hijos sobre el COVID-19 – This guide helps parents and guardians navigate the difficult topic of discussing COVID-19 with children.
- Qualifying Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Milwaukee Members Can Access Free Or Discounted Internet – With more people working and studying from home during the COVID-19 outbreak, Boys & Girls Clubs of America is partnering with Comcast to help connect Milwaukee’s youth with free internet access. Qualifying households will receive 2 (two) free months of Comcast’s Internet Essentials WiFi service, which is normally available to all qualified low-income households for $9.95/month plus tax. To find out if your household qualifies, go to www.internetessentials.com/covid19 to apply before June 30, 2021.
Families can cancel service after two months with no obligation. Families can also purchase a computer from Comcast for $149. For more information, go to www.internetessentials.com/covid19 or call 1-855-846-8376.
Additionally, Spectrum is offering discounted internet service to qualifying families, including a free internet modem and optional in-home Wi-Fi service for $5/month plus tax. The offer is not valid for current Spectrum subscribers. For more information and to see if you qualify, go to https://www.spectrum.com/browse/content/spectrum-internet-assist
Note: BGCGM is not recommending or endorsing these efforts, this information is simply being shared as a potential resource.
- Wisconsin Home Energy Assistance Program – Does your family need help paying your energy bill during this challenging time? The Wisconsin Home Energy Assistance Program assists Milwaukee County residents by providing a one-time annual payment* to make your heating and electric bills more affordable. Click here to see if you qualify.