Thanks to our generous supporters and efforts around the Perfect Match Campaign in 2002-2003, chaired by Chris Abele and the late Marty Stein, our $25 million endowment demonstrates our permanency and stability. Market conditions can be unpredictable, or an unexpected event or disaster can have a dramatic effect on fundraising. Therefore, all planned gifts are directed into our endowment, generating approximately $1.5 million in unrestricted income annually to support operations.
Our investment committee believes in safeguarding your investments through a disciplined investment philosophy, returning 6.7% in earnings on average, over the last five years.
Simply name Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Milwaukee as a beneficiary of a sum of money, or a percentage of your estate in your will or living trust. This revocable gift allows you the flexibility to revise your wishes over time as life circumstances change.
Sample Bequest Language
- Residual: I give the rest, residue, and remainder of my estate, after the payment of all expenses, taxes, and debts, to Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Milwaukee, presently located at 1558 N 6th Street Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53212.
- Fraction: I give Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Milwaukee _____ % (fraction spelled out) of the rest, residue, and remainder of my estate, after payment of all specified bequests, expenses, taxes, and debts, to Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Milwaukee, presently located at 1558 N 6th Street Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53212.
- Specific: I give $ _____ (number spelled out) to Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Milwaukee, presently located at 1558 N 6th Street Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53212.
Contingent: If none of the persons I have identified above as beneficiaries of my estate survive me, I give the rest, residue, and remainder to Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Milwaukee, presently located at 1558 N 6th Street Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53212.
Life insurance is a low-cost, simple way to make a significant planned gift. Do you have a life insurance policy that you no longer need now that your children out of college and on their own? Name the Clubs as a partial, contingent, full beneficiary or even the owner of your policy.
Designate the Clubs as a full or partial beneficiary of your qualified retirement plan (IRA, 401(k), 403(b)) using a beneficiary form. Avoid possible taxes for IRA or retirement plans left to non-spousal relatives by naming the Clubs as the beneficiary.
IRA Charitable Rollover
Are you 70 ½ or older? You can direct up to $100,000 of your required minimum distribution (RMD) to charity and pay no income taxes.
Turn stock market gains into an investment in Milwaukee youth! Your gift of appreciated securities qualifies for a tax deduction based on the full market value of your stock and avoid capital gains tax that would otherwise arise from the direct sale.
Real Estate/Other Assets
You can give real estate you own but no longer need or want to manage, like a vacation home, farm, or rental property, either during your lifetime or in the future. Enjoy a tax deduction based on the fair market value and avoid capital gains tax that would arise out of sale of the property.
*The Clubs will assess the real estate for compliance with our acceptance policies and determine if your property is a good fit for our planned giving program.
Gifts That Pay You Income
What if you could support the Clubs while also making your own retirement more financially secure? You can, with a special gift that can pay you income for life, reduce your tax burden and help kids in your community. While it might sound complicated, it’s really quite simple.
Gifts That Pay You Income
- Gift Annuities: Transfer cash or appreciated property to the Clubs and receive fixed income payments for life, receive immediate charitable deduction and avoid capital gains tax on sale of appreciated property. A gift annuity is available through Boys & Girls Clubs of America, and requires a minimum gift of $10,000. You must be at least 60 years old.
- Charitable Remainder Trusts: Transfer appreciated property to an irrevocable trust and receive an immediate charitable tax deduction, avoid current capital gains taxes on long-term appreciated property and regular payments through your life. Upon death remaining assets in the trust transfer to charity.
- Charitable Lead Trusts: Transfer appreciated property to your family for the future through an irrevocable charitable trust. You designate the trust to exist for a specific number of years or until death. Charity receives an annual contribution and at the end of the term or death, the assets will pass on to family or friends as beneficiaries. Careful planning makes it possible to reduce – or eliminate- taxes normally due to transfer of wealth to loved ones.
For more details on the specific giving vehicles, we are pleased to offer additional resources (such as videos and gift calculators) through Boys & Girls Clubs of America.
The information on this website is not intended as legal or tax advice. For such advice, please consult an attorney or tax advisor. Examples are for hypothetical purposes only and are subject to change.
The Presidents Society was established to recognize and honor benefactors who have made, or have expressed their intention to make, a significant commitment to Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Milwaukee either through accumulative giving or designation in their estate planning. These individuals have demonstrated their commitment to the future of children in Milwaukee, and to ensure the Clubs programing continue in perpetuity.
Each year a private reception and program is held to thank members for their generosity and provide an opportunity to hear about the positive impact the Clubs has on Milwaukee’s youth and our community.
Stay tuned for information on upcoming Presidents Society events!
View our current Presidents Society members on our 2017 Annual Report.
Legal name: Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Milwaukee
1558 N. 6th Street
Milwaukee, WI 53212
Tax ID # 39-0806292
To learn more and explore ways to plan a gift to support the Clubs, contact Melissa Songco at (414) 267-8177 or